Saturday, June 15, 2019
Daily ‘Insider Info’ Guide
To enhance your vacation experience, we have developed our “Insider-Info” Guide to help you discover the hidden gems that will make your trip unforgettable. We hope you enjoy your experience at the new Beaufort Hotel NC, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member.
Discover, Explore and Experience all that Beaufort has to offer.
@Your Service with our Concierge
Meet Leslie and Rhonda from our Concierge staff today! Our concierge services staff is on hand to ensure the highest level of service to our guests. From local reservations to recommendations, our expert staff is delighted to assist. Open 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily; Guest Services will handle requests outside these hours.
Our Concierge staff is available to assist in making arrangements during your stay including:
- Ferry Service to Islands
- Beaufort Water Taxi to downtown Beaufort
- Daily Golf Cart Rentals
- Sightseeing Tours
- Restaurant Recommendations & Reservations
For assistance, please contact the Hotel Concierge at extension 4257 or call 252-838-7257 for additional information.
Need to Know!
- Breakfast – Until our restaurant opens in June, we would like you to be our guest each morning for a continental breakfast. Served from 7 – 10 a.m., breakfast will be available on the first floor of the restaurant.
- Outdoor Swimming Pool & Whirlpool – Open for the Season!
- Valet Parking – Valet Parking is $15 per day. You can go in and out as many times as you would like.
- Beaufort Hotel TV Channel – Be sure to check out Channel 61 for information on hotel services, amenities, and things to do in the local area.
- Paid Parking in downtown Beaufort is now in effect until September 3.
Beaufort Water Taxi operates daily!
20 min. excursion from Hotel to downtown Beaufort!
Beaufort Water Taxi offers service from the hotel to downtown Beaufort on Front Street. This is an exclusive service offered to guests of the Beaufort Hotel and 34° North Restaurant. he water taxi is an 18-passenger Parker Boat, U.S. Coast Guard approved vessel.
- Departure Location: The Beaufort Water Taxi will depart from the hotel on the docks closest to the Outdoor Pavilion. The location will change once we are fully open in June. Please be aware of any weddings or groups at the Pavilion.
- Departure Times: There are four daily departure times from the hotel: 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. The last trip returns to the hotel will be at 5 p.m.
- Arrivals: The Beaufort Water Taxi will take guests to Front Street in downtown Beaufort. The drop-off location will be waterfront docks at Finz Grill & Eatery at 330 Front Street.
- What Guests Can Do: Guests will be dropped off in the heart of the historic Beaufort waterfront, just steps from the North Carolina Maritime Museum, Harvey W. Watercraft Center, and Beaufort Historic Site. Discover distinctive dining and whimsical shops all within the downtown area.
- Return Departures: The Beaufort Water Taxi captain will coordinate return times with the guests from the docks at Finz Grill & Eatery. Return times will vary based on business levels with the last trip to the hotel at 5 p.m.
- Reservations: Advance reservations must be made at least one hour prior to departure through the Hotel Concierge.
- Price: $15 round trip. Cash only!
Questions? Please call the Hotel Concierge at 252-728-3000 or click the button below for additional information.
Daily Golf Cart Rentals now available!
The Beaufort Hotel NC, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, has partnered with Sinclair Golf Cars, Inc. to offer golf cart rentals.
The hotel has a limited number of gas-powered four-passenger golf carts for guests during their stay at the hotel. With advance notice, six-passenger carts are also available. These carts are street-ready and are permitted through the Town of Beaufort.
Rentals can be made through the Hotel Concierge during your stay. Due to high demand, reservations can also be made in advance of your stay as well.
Added Bonus: Please note that the Town of Beaufort has paid parking in effect from May 20 – Sept. 2, 2019. Sinclair Golf Cars, Inc. is providing complimentary parking in the heart of Beaufort’s historic district. Their parking lot is located on Middle Lane (diagonally across from Aqua Restaurant). This is an exclusive benefit for hotel guests renting golf carts.
Questions? Please call the Hotel Concierge at 252-726-3000 or click the button below for additional information.
34° North Restaurant & Bar
We’re excited to be able to open our hotel rooms earlier than expected since there is a real need for hotel rooms in Carteret County. We plan to open our 34° North Restaurant in early June. Open to the public, the restaurant will serve breakfast, lunch, weekend brunch, lunch, and dinner.
A quick getaway to paradise will be as easy as breezing into 34° North Restaurant & Bar.
Today’s Featured Activity
Building Tours at the Beaufort Historic Site
Step back in time with docent-led private tour of houses and buildings on the historic site. Walk through Historic homes, the oldest wood framed courthouse in the state, the original Carteret County Jail of 1829, and the amazing collection of medical instruments and medicines of the mid 1800’s in the Apothecary and Doctor’s Office. Tours take one hour and depart from the Beaufort Historic Site Welcome Center Monday through Friday at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.. Tours are $12 per person for adults and half price for children under 12 and free for children under 5. Walk through cottages, the courthouse, the jail, and the apothecary and see the furnishings and architecture of the time periods. Beaufort Historic Site, 130 Turner Street, Beaufort, NC 28516. (252) 728-5225 (2.4 mi., 7 min.)
This Week at Fort Macon
Fort Macon State Park
Located on Bogue Banks near Atlantic Beach, Fort Macon is surrounded by three sides of water – the Atlantic Ocean, Beaufort Inlet and Bogue Sound. At the restored fort, you’ll see bunks, cannons, a restored rations storage room, artifacts and more. The fort contains 26 vaulted rooms which are enclosed by 4 ½ -feet thick walls. Fort Macon is one of the finest surviving examples of 19th century military architecture and fortification. Events and re-enactments take place throughout the year.
- Fort Tours
Daily, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Meet in the fort entrance for a guided tour of Fort Macon. Tours last approximately 45 minutes and are held Daily at 11 a.m., Noon, 2 p.m., and 3 p.m.
Events are free of charge. Fort Macon State Park, 2303 East Fort Macon Road, Atlantic Beach, NC 28512, 252-726-3775. (11.6 mi., 22 min.).
Visit the Ship’s Store Next Door
The Chandlery at The Boathouse at Front Street Village
Located right next door to the hotel, The Chandlery at The Boathouse at Front Street Village has a ship’s store available during your stay. It carries food and snacks of all sorts, bottled water, beer, wine, sodas, juices, toiletries, sunscreen, souvenirs, and more. Very convenient and well stocked, you’ll find a boatload of merchandise close by. Open daily 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. The Boathouse at Front Street Village, 2400 Lennoxville Road, Beaufort, NC 28516. 252-838-1524.
Free Wine Tasting, Saturday, June 16 – The Chandlery will host a free wine tasting on Saturdays from 1 – 3 p.m.
Live on Thursdays (LOTs) Free Summer Concert Series
Live On Thursdays (LOTs) Summer Concert Series featuring the Beaufort Blues Project. Free music fills the air on the Beaufort boardwalk every Thursday through August 1 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. at John G. Newton Park beside the Dock House Restaurant. Don’t forget to bring a lawn chair. Free, family fun. Sponsored by the Beaufort Development Association. The BDA is a nonprofit organization that seeks to support economic and community development in downtown.
Thursday, June 12, 6 – 8 p.m.
Connect with us on Social Media
Don’t forget to tag your photos #BeaufortHotelNC