A Ride to Remember
Beaufort is the North Carolina coastal town that is the setting for Nicholas Sparks novels “A Walk to Remember” and “The Choice.” You’ve read the books. You’ve seen the movies. Now, you can ride through the seaport town that became the setting for these two novels by best-selling New York Times romance author.
‘A Ride to Remember’ by Hungry Town Tours features places in Beaufort that were inspired by Nicholas Sparks and referenced in his books, “The Choice” and “A Walk to Remember.” The bicycle tour serves as a memorable way for people to get to know Beaufort, as visitors take in the unique setting for the story of each novel.
Avid readers of Nicholas Sparks know how important the locations are to his books and it’s the coastal North Carolina location he chooses for most of his settings in the novels. Visitors will discover the beauty of Beaufort that Nicholas Sparks so eloquently describes in his novel.
Hungry Town Tours works in partnership with the Nicholas Sparks Foundation.
“You’ll step straight into a Nicholas Sparks novel when you walk through this town, and we don’t mean that figuratively. The quaint area is the setting to several of the romance authors’ novels, including A Walk to Remember and The Choice.”
— Redbook magazine
- 2 Days / 1 Night at the new Beaufort Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member.
- Luxurious hotel accommodations for two.
- Two (2) Bicycle Tour Tickets from Hungry Town Tours for ‘A Ride to Remember’ inspired by Nicholas Sparks.
- One (1) Keepsake for ‘A Ride to Remember.’
- Hotel Services are available through the Front Desk to assist you during your stay in Beaufort, North Carolina, described as “America’s Favorite Town” by Travel + Leisure.
Book your Coastal North Carolina Experience today!
Call 252-728-3000, option 5 for Hotel Reservations. Ask for Rate Code PRIDE
Need to know before you go…
Tour Departs from Hungry Town Tours
You will be departing from Hungry Town Tours in Historic Beaufort, North Carolina.
You must provide your own transportation to the tour company.
Hungry Town Tours
406 Live Oak Street
Beaufort, NC 28516
Driving Distance from Hotel: 2.3 mi. (6 min.).
Important: Please plan accordingly and take into account your drive time from the hotel to reach the tour company. Free parking is available at Hungry Town Tours.
Advance Reservations for Hungry Town Tours
Advance tour reservations are required. Reservation times and availability may vary based weather permitting.
Important: Upon receiving your hotel confirmation please contact our Front Desk to reserve your bike tour departure date and time.
2021 Tour Schedule & Details
Days & Times: Monday, Wednesday & Friday – 10 a.m.; and Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday – 4 p.m.
Prefer a different time during the off-season? Ask the Front Desk to see is an additional day and time to accommodate your schedule.
Minimum: No minimum. Single tours welcome.
What your tour includes: Local guide and bike rental.
Duration: 1 to 1¼ hours.
Ages: 15 yrs. old & up (teenagers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and be able to ride our adult-size bikes). Family tours are welcome!
What to Wear: Please wear comfortable clothes. You’ll be on a very low-impact easy going bicycle ride for less than two miles.
Children: We can do a private tour with children younger than 15 yrs. if they provide their own bicycle and helmet. Call for details!
Tour Locations: Downtown Beaufort, historic district, and waterfront.
Included with your tour of A Ride to Remember…
You’ll receive a keepsake with the locations in Beaufort and the quotes that were referenced in the books, “A Walk to Remember” and ‘The Choice.’
- Beaufort, North Carolina, as mentioned in A Walk to Remember. “One thing I (Landon) really liked about Beaufort was the fact that the springs and falls lasted practically forever.”
- Beaufort Historic District, as mentioned in The Choice. “It was a pretty place, especially the historic district. On a day like today, with temperatures perfect for strolling, Beaufort resembled what she (Gabby) imagined Savannah to be in the first century of its existence.”
- The Hammock House, as referred to in A Walk to Remember. “My (Landon) house was located near the waterfront in the historic part of town, just a few doors down from where Blackbeard used to live, overlooking them Intracoastal Waterway.”
Book this package now and stay at the newest vacation destination on the Crystal Coast.
Create a memorable stay at the Beaufort Hotel with this Nicholas Sparks inspired tour. Located on the Southern Outer Banks, the hotel offers a unique vacation destination on the Southern Banks of North Carolina.
The resort-style hotel is minutes to Beaufort’s historic district, Crystal Coast beaches, Cape Lookout Lighthouse, Rachel Carson Reserve, and Shackleford Banks. It’s no wonder Beaufort was just named the ‘South’s Best Small Town’ by Southern Living.