Beaufort Hotel NC Accessibility
Our staff is trained to provide assistance whenever required for disabled visitors. Persons in need of assistance while visiting the hotel should direct any requests for assistance to the front desk or to any available staffer. In addition, requests for assistance or additional information can be made via email as indicated above or by telephone.
Call the Beaufort Hotel at (252) 728-3000 for more information about our accessibility features.
Our Hotel & Accessible Rooms have ADA Accessibility Features and Amenities such as:
- Accessible Guest Rooms with Mobility Features, Doors that provide 32″ of clearance width
- Accessible Bathrooms with compliant tubs and showers
- Accessible Public Entrance
- Accessible Exercise Facility
- Accessible Transportation with advance notice
- Service Support Animals Welcome
- Strobe Alarms
- TTY for Guest use
- Visual Alarms for hearing impaired (in Rooms, Hallways and Public Areas)
- Accessible Route from the Public Entrance to Facilities
- Closed Captioning on TV’s
- Assistive Listening Devices for Meetings upon request
- Accessible Hotel Restaurant
- Accessible Elevators
- Lowered Peep Hole option in Accessible Room Doors
- Braille Elevator
- Audible alerts in elevators
- Hotel complies with ADA Guidelines
This website is designed to conform to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA which covers a wide range of recommendations for making website content accessible.
We continue to perform ongoing monitoring in an effort to detect any new issues that may arise. We publish an audit trail which includes the most recent testing, and outline any known issues. We remain committed to conformance of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1 AA).
Guidelines and Standards
The Beaufort Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member aims for our website to conform to level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1 AA). We have conducted an accessibility audit of our website based on these guidelines.
This website is tested using a combination of accessibility tools. Including Google Lighthouse accessibility test, axe – Web Accessibility Testing, and Monsido Web Accessibility software. This combination of tools and software results in a wide range of testing which covers the complete requirements for level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1 AA).
The entire site is also scanned using Monsido Web Accessibility to run automated tests and run guided manual tests (where automated testing is insufficient or unable to test specific items) to identify issues.
- The site uses iframes for SinglePlatform for embedded menus. These iframes do not have titles and may cause issues for screen readers.
- The site uses a Constant Contact form for newsletter signups that may cause issues for screen readers.