These horses are descendants of Spanish Mustangs that survived a shipwreck 400 years ago.…
Located at the southern-most barrier island on Cape Lookout National Seashore, Shackleford Banks is home to more than 100 wild horses. Although how the “Banker horses” arrived is still a mystery, legend has it that these horses are descendants of Spanish Mustangs that survived a shipwreck 400 years ago. Venture out by passenger ferry to Shackleford Banks and enjoy the rare privilege of watching horses. The island is ideal for spending time at the beach and shelling.
3 Days / 2 Nights at the award-winning waterfront Beaufort.
- Enjoy elegant hotel accommodations with coastal North Carolina décor, the highest quality amenities, luxurious linens and amenities.
- Guests will receive up to a $20 credit per adult, each morning for a Southern breakfast or weekend brunch.
- Ferry transportation for two (2) people from Harkers Island to Shackleford Banks to explore the island and see the wild horses.
- Valet Parking each day, unlimited in and out.
- Beaufort Hotel Signature mesh seashell collecting bag.
- Relax and enjoy the hotel’s guest amenities including the seasonal outdoor swimming pool, and fitness center.
USA Today 10Best names Beaufort Hotel #1 “Best Boutique Hotel” in America.
Relaxed elegance with a Coastal North Carolina décor, the highest quality amenities, luxurious linens, and stellar views combine to create a perfect destination setting for your Southern Outer Banks vacation.
State-of-the-art in-room technology is available in every guestroom including complimentary wireless Internet access and a 48” Flat screen TV. Guest amenities include a mini-refrigerator, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, and in-room drawer safe. Private balconies or patios.
The Tommy Bahama Hotel Amenity Collection offers high-quality eco-friendly soaps, shampoos, conditioners, and moisturizer products which have been uniquely designed to promote sustainability and to support the casual lifestyle of our luxury hotel setting.
The Beaufort Hotel is proud a receipient of the 2022 Traveler’s Choice award by Tripadvisor.com The hotel has been designated a North Carolina GreenTravel business.
Book Your Shackleford Banks Wild Horse Excursion
Book your Shackleford Banks Wild Horse Excursion today! Call 252-728-3000 or book online using the link below:
34° North Restaurant has become the premier dining destination on the Southern Outer Banks for locals, boaters, and visitors alike. Experience the stunning blues and emerald greens in a coastal setting while enjoying luscious cuisine that is sure to please.
Enjoy coastal cuisine in our main dining room or outside on our covered open-air dining space overlooking Taylor’s Creek and Rachel Carson Reserve, home to over 30 amazing wild horses.
Fresh Eastern North Carolina cuisine and casual waterfront settings have made the 34° North Restaurant at the Beaufort Hotel a true culinary destination. From traditional Southern coastal cuisine to hand-cut steaks, you’ll discover bold flavors and seasonally-inspired dishes worth savoring. It’s no wonder 34° North Restaurant is a recipient of the 2022 Diners’ Choice award by OpenTable.
“It was a beautiful sunny afternoon — just perfect for enjoying the boats on the waterway from our patio table. Both the food and service were top notch.”
— Tripadvisor customer
34° North Restaurant is a proud member of Carteret Catch, an organization that connects consumers to local seafood provided by Carteret County fishermen & women.
We invite you to join us for an authentic taste of Eastern North Carolina by reserving our 34° North Restaurant Dining Package.
34° North Restaurant is open daily, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch. Our weekend brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday from 7 am – 3 pm.
Book Your Table
We highly recommend making reservations 34° North Restaurant once you have booked your dining package. Book your table online with OpenTable.com using the link below or call the restaurant direcly at 252-838-7250. We want to make sure we can accommodate your dining requests. If you are celebrating a special occasion, please let us know.
Where your Outer Banks adventure begins.
Situated on ten acres, the Beaufort Hotel offers the privacy of a boutique hotel within minutes to some of the best experiences you’ll enjoy on the Southern Outer Banks.
The Beaufort Hotel is a private escape that’s close to every kind of adventure you can imagine. We encourage you to explore like a local, as we give you a slice of what it’s like to live here on the Crystal Coast.
“The Best Small Town for Adventure”
During your stay, discover, experience, and explore Beaufort – named the “Best Small Town for Adventure” in America by USA Today.
Discover the many adventures in Beaufort! Whether you explore the attractions on land, see Beaufort on the water, or fly in the sky over the islands on the Crystal Coast, you’re just one click away from your next adventure.
What to Know Before You Go…
Ferry Departure to Shackleford Banks
You will be departing from Cape Lookout Visitors Center in Harkers Island, NC.
You must provide your own transportation to the ferry service.
Island Express Ferry Service (Passenger Ferry)
1800 Island Road
Harkers Island, NC 28531
Driving Distance from Beaufort Hotel NC: 20 mi. (31 min.).
Important: Please plan accordingly and take into account your drive time from the hotel to reach the ferry.
Suggested items to Bring:
- Sunblock, hat & sunglasses.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes that can take getting sandy and wet. Remember to check the weather and dress accordingly.
- Drinks, snacks or picnic lunch.
- Insect repellant.
- A trash bag to carry any empty wrappers, drink containers, or the remains of your lunch back to the mainland for recycling or disposal. Remember there are no trash cans or garbage pickup on the islands; help us keep the beach clean. Cape Lookout and Shackleford Banks are trash-free islands.
- Two free carry-ons are allowed per person (e.g. tote, backpack, folding chair, small cooler).
- Extra bags or oversized items are allowed for an additional fee.
- Lightweight compact folding chairs, coolers and umbrellas are permitted.
- Limit of two fishing poles per passenger.
- Hooks must be removed before boarding.
- Pets are allowed on the boats for a small fee.
- All pets must remain on leashes 6′ or shorter.
- Hand sanitizer and/or moist towelettes. Most areas do not have sinks or running water.
What Not to Bring:
- Glass bottles are prohibited.
- Highly flammable liquids are not allowed on the boats.
- Spear guns are prohibited.
- Due to restricted space, large items such as wagons, non-folding luggage carriers, large folding chairs, huge strollers, etc. will be accommodated as space permits for an additional charge.